Working In DK

Denmark has introduced a new work permit visa to attract international skilled professionals to work in Denmark.

Denmark offering various types of Visa:

1. Transfer visa (one who is migrating to Denmark for working to the same company)

2. Work permit Visa (One who will be given when the professional received offer letter from Danish Company). Note that work permit visa has limit for 3 years only.

3. Green card Visa (One who is holding Masters Degree in various streams like Engineers, Doctors, Researchers and PHD programs). So these migrants can settle in Denmark after 5 years.

Indians who migrate to Denmark must have valid Work permit visa or Scandinavian visa to get resident permit in Denmark.

Danish company will offers you jobs only when you have valid work permit or Green card visa to proceed further the job requirement. Most of the companies are seeking employees to speak and write both in Danish and English. This was the major and mandatory skill set to apply for job at early 2007. Now the companies are started giving job offers for English speaking professionals to fulfil their requirements. Even though getting job in Denmark is difficult when compared to UK and US due to lingual issue in some companies.

Job seekers are advised to do analysis of cost of accommodation and food before you are arriving to Denmark. Cost of living in Denmark is higher amongst the list of expensive cities in the world. Among the world expensive city, Copenhagen, Denmark is holding 6th expensive cities next to Hong Kong, China.

Here is an example:

Accommodation: minimum 700-1500 Euro per month,

Food : approximately between 400-800 Euros per month.

Transportation: approximately between 60-200 Euros depending on the zones (monthly zone pass for public transports like bus, trains, metro).

Immigrants who already have resident permit or family in Denmark.

If you already hold a Danish residence permit based on family reunification or asylum, or hold a residence permit on humanitarian grounds, you do not need a work permit in order to work in Denmark.

If spouse is working in Denmark, you would like to join him. Then you must apply dependent visa to stay with your partner until his/her tenure. Here you are eligible to work even with dependent Visa.

If you are inviting your parents or relatives to visit Denmark. Then you must pursue tourist visa either from any European country or schengen visa from Denmark or Germany. They can stay upto 3-6 months as same as US tourist visa.

Risk without work permit visa

It is your own responsibility to obtain a valid work permit visa from Danish embassy. If you are found working illegally in Denmark, you will be at risk to be deported from Denmark immediately. There is a risk for you and your employer to be fined with huge amount and/or imprisonment for specific duration. A number of schemes have been designed in order to make it easier for highly qualified professionals to get a residence and work permit in Denmark.

For More info and Updated information refer to the following